BARBELL CLUB STARTS IN JANUARY
For those olympic lifting enthusiast we will be running our barbell club again starting on January 10th. This is a six week course focused on teaching and improving your snatch and clean and jerk. If you are an athlete that loves or is mystified by these lifts this program might be right for you. We are limiting those program to only ten athletes so we can give everyone a lot of attention.
Details: Starting January 10th and lasting for 6 weeks (ending February 16th).
Times: Wednesday and Friday evenings from 7:30 PM
Cost: $125 for Cove Members. For Non Members $175
Cap: The class will be limited to 10 athletes.
- Can I miss a few classes? Yes, there will be 12 classes over six weeks try to make at least 9 of them.
- What if I am a beginner? No problem, this class is for beginner and advanced lifters. The focus is on getting better and not actually going to the Olympics!
- Can I still CrossFit? Of course, but be aware that you are adding to your work load so you might have to take a step back on the number of classes you take or the weight you are using. We promise that this type of focused attention will help you improve your CrossFit in the long run.
- What else can I expect? Talk to us and we’ll answer any questions you might have. Or we’re happy to put you in touch with an athlete who did the last cycle to get a personal reference!
- How do I join? Just use the following link to lock up your spot for this cycle of the Barbell Club.
To help you maintain your fitness during the holidays, we will have options for you EVERY DAY… yes, even on Christmas Day! While others are closed, we’ll stay open so you can continue to make those GAINZZZZ!
There are some adjustments to the schedule with modified hours, so please read this carefully!
Friday 12/22: Holiday WOD and Potluck. We will be doing the 12 Days of Christmas WOD at 6:30pm followed by a potluck directly following (that means bring a dish to share!). The same 12 Days of Christmas WOD will be the WOD for all of the classes that day.
Saturday 12/23: Normal class schedule at 9, 10 and 11a. There WILL BE an 8am competitor’s class as well!
Sunday 12/24: Open Gym 9a to Noon (no Yoga this Sunday)
Monday 12/25: (Christmas Day): Open Gym 9a to 2p
Tuesday 12/26: Noon, 4:30p and 5:30p classes only. Open gym from 1-4:30.
Wednesday 12/27: Regular schedule
Sunday 12/31 (New Year’s Eve): Open Gym 9a – Noon
Monday, 1/1 (New Year’s Day): Open Gym 11a – 2pm
1 minute farmers carry after each set
30 Ring Muscle ups for time
Fitness: 30 burpees then 30 pull ups
Performance: 40 Burpee Chest to Bar Pull ups for time
Open: 30 Ring Muscle ups for time.
12 min Time capCoach’s Tip: We start the class with the barbell and finish with some gymnastics. For those doing ring muscle ups look to use your kip in your dip to save energy from the first rep on.