THE NEXT 24 HOURS
It’s been a whirlwind day, but we couldn’t be more appreciate of this amazing community and your support. We’ll be working through a lot over the next days and weeks, but wanted to share some thoughts and immediate plans with you all. Keeping Covies together (socially connected and physically active) is our priority right now and we’ve got some fun things to keep you busy. Oh, and if you are not on FaceBook, we strongly urge you to create and account to stay better connected. The private FaceBook group “The Cove Club” will be an important communication tool for our community:
- We will be releasing a pre-recorded video version of Tuesday’s home workout tonight. It will be a fully coached class with all your favorite things (intro, warm up, WOD and cool down!). It will be on our Facebook feed and YouTube channel and our first class will be led by Coach Daniel and Coach Madison! Come back to this page or to the Cove Club for links! This is so you can do the day’s WOD at any time convenient to you. All workouts will be in Wodify so enter your scores!
2. We also will be having a virtual ZOOM class at 9 AM tomorrow morning with Coach Marina. We will be sending out a link and password soon as well. We like these virtual ZOOM classes because everyone can share in the experience with each other — and there’s nothing like sweating it out with a fellow Covie ‘live’!
3. Tomorrow at NOON there is a group meeting at Wilde Lake High School for an outdoor workout! It’s supposed to be a beautiful day, so let’s go outside, breathe in the fresh air and sweat it out at an appropriate six foot distance from each other 😉 The school is located at 5460 Trumpeter Rd, Columbia, MD 21044 so bring water and some sunscreen!
4. From 9AM to Noon tomorrow we will be loaning out some equipment to our members. This includes dumbbells, kettlebells, PVC pipes, bands, jump ropes, and ab mats. We are trying to limit two pieces of equipment per person. You MUST register what you take with Holden or Brian if you take something, as we have to keep it in our inventory tracked.
Below is our post from earlier today on our Facebook pages. If you haven’t read it, please do as it has a lot of other important information on how we are handling this situation. We will mourn this news and circumstance for a short while, but the Cove culture of community, laughter and fun will shine. Just in a different way for now. We see each of you as family and unconditional support means everything to us. We hope you feel the same. Let’s go get fit, clear our minds and make the best of a really hard time!
Sorry, everyone, Coach Brian got the shake weight already
Some 5 years ago we had a vision of the Cove as a place where people could escape from the stresses of life and become better versions of themselves. It was designed to be a safe harbor (where we got the name) and was a place where people would grow and evolve (which is actually true meaning behind the symbolism of the shell). It would allow the people to make the things that seemed impossible, possible. It was not just about working out, rather creating shared human experience filled with smiles and laughter. And never before would we have thought that this vision would be as important as this moment right now. We have cleaned relentlessly, we have set up systems of distance, yet togetherness, in an effort to give people that one hour when they might really need it.
As most of you have seen, as of 5p we will have to shut our doors. BUT that doesn’t mean the Cove closes. We still want to find a way to serve you and remain the unwavering community it has become.
We are going to continue to provide “at home” and online workouts and have Coach-led Zoom classes daily so people can follow along. AND interact together in a virtual way. We know that this isn’t the same as the class inside the box, but we need to think ‘outside the box’ now (pun intended).
It’s been a really stressful time for all of us and it certainly has hit Marina and me very hard. You are family to us. And your physical (and mental) well being is something we care so much about. And from the notes, calls and comments we’ve received, it’s clear you care for us. This is why we know we will get through this TOGETHER.
And when this is over, and we know it will end, we will be a better and stronger versions of ourselves.
While we’ve been planning for this for several days, everything is still a bit fluid. But here are some things we have in place to continue our fitness and stay connected as a community!
– Every day Daniel will continue to work his magic with a new ‘at home’ workout. The WOD will be posted daily on the blog (as usual) and appear in Wodify so you can enter your workouts.
– Every day the new workout video will be posted on our private members only FB page (The Cove Club) and a link will be posted on the Daily WOD and news on the website. Per usual, workout will have a warm up, WOD, and cool down, just like our regular classes.
– Every day you will be receiving messages regarding good nutrition, restorative practices (and more!) to get you through these periods of isolation.
– We are available to you at any time! Just like class, we can help scale the day’s workout FOR YOU giving you appropriate scaling options and workout goals for our specific needs. We are here for YOU, ask questions, provide us feedback, talk to us!
– The gym will briefly be open from 9:00-12:00 noon tomorrow if you need to get any personal belongings. If those times do not work let us know and we will try to make other arrangements. We would like to empty as many cubbies as possible for cleaning as well, so if you can retrieve your items we’d appreciate it!
– Also it is a good idea to have a jump rope. If you do not have one, email us back and we can give your recommendations. Or if it is here and you can’t retrieve it, we can try to mail it to you. If you can get your hands on a lacrosse ball too, that would be great!
– We will likely be loaning some equipment out during the time we are closed. Stay tuned for details on which pieces and how this will be arranged.
– We are looking into doing some park and open-spaced meet ups to get us out in the fresh air. Spaced out appropriately and in nature. Doing our thing!
– You did not join the Cove for the equipment. You joined for the community, coaching and unconditional support. And that will not end.
We hope you continue to stay with us during this challenging time. As you can imagine, the fate of many small businesses, including ours, lies in what happens over the next few weeks. Your support of us means the world.
20 Backpack Lunges (wearing backpack)
20 Bentover Rows w/ Backpack
20 Backpack Goblet Squats
Time Cap: 20 minutes
:30 flutter kick
:30 sec max sit ups
rest 1 min between rounds