On Christmas Eve a long standing member of CrossFit Federal Hill was killed in a plane crash. Pete W. was a consistent 5:30 am athlete for 4 years at CFH and a friend to many (including some of us Covies). He showed up, he worked hard and he never complained. He was not the loudest dude in the room or the most talkative, but he was about as nice and genuine as they come. We are beyond devastated to share this news and our condolences go out to his family and friends (as well as our extended Fed Hill family). CrossFit communities are build on people like Pete. He lifted up the community with his smile and always showed up ready to work hard.
On Saturday CrossFit Federal Hill and the Cove will be running a special memorial workout for Pete. This is not a fundraiser, rather just a way to honor his memory. It is the least we can do.
Pete in the blue and his good friend Jimmy by his side. Jimmy and Pete were high school friends and business partners and were also responsible for the beautiful Cove videos we made (“Community” and “Fresh Start Challenge”)
BARBELL CLUB STARTS IN JANUARY
For those olympic lifting enthusiast we will be running our barbell club again starting on January 10th! This is a six-week course focused on teaching and improving your snatch and clean and jerk. If you are an athlete that loves or is mystified by these lifts this program might be right for you. We are limiting those program to only ten athletes so we can give everyone a lot of attention and there are only a few spots left!
Details: Starting January 10th and lasting for 6 weeks (ending February 16th).
Times: Wednesday and Friday evenings from 7:30 PM
Cost: $125 for Cove Members. For Non Members $175
Cap: The class will be limited to 10 athletes.
- Can I miss a few classes? Yes, there will be 12 classes over six weeks try to make at least 9 of them.
- What if I am a beginner? No problem, this class is for beginner and advanced lifters. The focus is on getting better and not actually going to the Olympics!
- Can I still CrossFit? Of course, but be aware that you are adding to your work load so you might have to take a step back on the number of classes you take or the weight you are using. We promise that this type of focused attention will help you improve your CrossFit in the long run.
- What else can I expect? Talk to us and we’ll answer any questions you might have. Or we’re happy to put you in touch with an athlete who did the last cycle to get a personal reference!
- How do I join? Just use the following link to lock up your spot for this cycle of the Barbell Club.
Sunday 12/31 (New Year’s Eve): Open Gym 9a – Noon
Monday, 1/1 (New Year’s Day): Open Gym 11a – 2pm