We hope that our first-timers got a sense of what “a competition” is all about and that our seasoned competitors got their fix! We also hope everyone enjoyed some rest time and active recovery today… you put in a LOT of work this weekend!
To our judges and volunteers, a special shout out! This day would not be possible without your support, enthusiasm and HARD WORK. From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU!
BOD POD TODAY!
Just a reminder that the BodPod is coming today! If you signed up, please be checked in and ready to go 10 minutes before your scheduled time. If you are uncertain how to prepare or what to expect, here’s some useful information:In order to have the best possible results, follow these simple instructions:
- No food, drink or exercise at least 3 hours prior to testing.
- Use the restroom before testing, if necessary.
- Don’t apply any lotions or skin creams prior to your test.
- Remove glasses and jewelry (if possible).
- Wear minimal, form-fitting clothing.
- Men: Thin fabric shorts, lycra/spandex-type swimsuit or single-layer compression bike-style shorts (no padding
- Women: Lycra/spandex-type swimsuit or bike-style shorts and sports bra (no wire or padding)
- Because of the sensitivity of the equipment, schedule subsequent visits under the same conditions (time of day, hydration levels, amount of facial and body hair, same day of cycle (women), etc.).
- A swim cap will be provided to compress any air pockets within the hair.
FRESH START CHALLENGE
It was just amazing to have so many of you participate in the competition! Not only was it so wonderful to see you put what you’ve learned to the test, it was AMAZING to see you out on the floor with all of the experienced members. You have come such a long way in such a short time, it’s hard to believe you are so new to this. WOW! Here’s an action shot of Cathy H. rocking her cleans (with Martine judging and cheering!) during the Women’s Scaled WOD 1…
FRESH START SKILL WOD
Hang Power Clean, Power Clean, Squat Clean:
10 minutes on each
We want to get you exposed to all three movements and understand the nuances (and how they build on each other). We will do a lot of PVC and empty barbell work and really focus on hinging at the hips!
FRESH START WOD
5 Hang Power Cleans
5 Front Squats
*As we make the turn towards the end of the challenge, doing a workout similar to the ‘regular’ class. The goal is to help you a) see how far you’ve come and b) recognize that you are capable of doing what ‘everyone else’ is doing. SO not scary! COVE STRENGTH WODTake 80% of your 10 Rep Back Squat and hit 3 sets of 12 (try to hit a slightly higher weight than we did last week) COVE WOD 8 Hanging Power Cleans7 Front Squats6 Burpees 6 Rounds14 min time capFitness: 95/65RX: 115/75RX+: 135/95
Coach’s Tip: For those who competed this weekend, this workout touches on some of the HEAVY lifts you hit in the ladder. Today should be lighter and faster; use a hook grip and move that barbell quickly. Each round should be 2 minutes OR LESS. If it is taking longer, drop the weight down (and consider cutting a round)!