MASK & SAFETY PROTOCOL REMINDERS
It’s been about six weeks since the Governor’s new mask mandate went into effect and we are thrilled that so many athletes feel safe and protected while at the Cove. But as time passes, it’s easy to get lax with protocols so we wanted to remind everyone of how the state laws are being applied inside the gym (listed below).
Our only ‘new’ asks are that you clear your station as soon as possible to get ready for the next class. We LOVE socialization (safely, of course) after class, but clear your gear and space so the next athlete has a dry and ready spot!
And on the socializing front, do your best not to congregate around the equipment as we are noticing some congestion around the plate stacks and bars. Once you put your things away, then enjoy each other’s company! Masks on if inside, but get outside and hang for a bit. We put the green chairs right by the garage doors for easy outside access — plus we have 20 black chairs by the coach’s lockers.
We are so grateful for your efforts and understanding — and remember that we are all in this together!
- Enter the gym from the front with a mask and wash your hands or sanitize upon arrival.
- You will find your station on the floor and retrieve all of your equipment (with your mask on). Try to get as much as you think you will need for the workout (weight variations and such) to eliminate foot traffic once you are set up.
- Put on your mask to walk the floor to bathrooms, in public areas or retrieve items you might still need if you leave your station.
- Once class starts and you start moving, you can remove the mask if it impedes your breathing or creates discomfort. Everyone will have a different tolerance here, so do what works best for YOU. The last thing we want is an injury from dizziness or lightheadedness.
- As your coaches, we will our best to keep our faces covered but may need to remove to allow for enough volume while instruction or for our athletes who are hard of hearing (we have several). We will do our best to maintain double separation while doing so.
- Continue to follow the expected clean up procedure. Each of us will need to wipe each piece of equipment and use the towels as ‘mittens’ to return your gear back to its place. Towels are already folded in ‘two packs’ and disinfectant sprays are at each cleanup station.
- Continue to bring a yoga mat daily. Most body contact with the floor should be on your mat… but please mop up any sweat angels that extend beyond your mat!
Teamwork makes the dream work