THE COVE COMPETITORS CLASS IS BACK!
We are so excited to announce we are bringing back the “comp class” to the Cove on Saturday mornings! For those of you who are new to the gym (or the idea of the class) the Competitor’s Class is an un-coached class designed as a meet up for the athletes of the gym who revel in the competitive spirit of what we do. Many of our athletes train for events and competitions during “normal” times and truly miss throwing down with like-minded athletes. To scratch that itch during these “abnormal” times, we wanted to provide that forum for our athletes to get together and push each other in a different way. While everyone is welcome to join in, it’s especially designed for those who embrace the “sport” of training and enjoy the chase (or being chased!). While we didn’t all qualify for the Games like Jenna M., it’s fun to act to like we did now and again! Given our new world protocols, here’s what it will look like:
- The gym will be open by 7:30a for individual warm-up and equipment set up.
- 7:45 whiteboard discussion for workout goals/huddle.
- The clock will start at 8am SHARP for the day’s workout. Again, you will warm up on your own and must be ready for “3-2-1 Go!” at 8.
- Off the floor by 8:45am!
- You MUST reserve a spot in this class (just like every other class)
- The existing Cove programming is core to this class. The day’s workout may (or may not!) be adjusted slightly, but the elements will remain the same. This is not only so we keep your bodies healthy to align with everything else we do here, but we need the same set up and equipment used in regular classes so we are ready for the 9a group. Many of you might not be aware that there is a LOT of pre-work that goes into setting up a class now and we cannot be scrambling to make adjustments for the 9a class coming in.
- You MUST be off the floor (meaning, equipment away and cleaned AND mats mopped) by 8:45 so the 9a can start setting up their stations. PLEASE leave the gym as you found it (or better!)
- We release the workouts and discuss Comp Class happenings via our separate the private Facebook group HERE. If you are interested in being part of this group, please go to this FB page and request to be added!
- Scaling is very much allowed and often encouraged to ensure you get the most out of the workouts.
As we said all are welcome! If you are interested in giving it a try but still have questions, please email us at info@CrossFitCove.com. Happy to help you decide what’s best for you!
Keith thinking about weekend plans?