KIPPING PULL UP CLINIC
We are super excited for the people we have signed up for this Sunday’s noon butterfly pull up clinic (space is limited to 25) and Coach John decided to do another clinic focused on kipping pull ups (a pre-req for the butterfly clinic).
Aerial April Gymnastics Clinic
April 19th– 12pm
Have you been wanting to get your first Kipping Pullup for some time? Or can you do a Kipping Pullup and want to be able to perform more consecutive reps in a row? Do you want to be able to practice on your own but don’t know where to start? Come join us for the Kipping Pullup Clinic on April 19th.
We will devote a whole class time to the Kipping Pullup. Everything from warming-up properly to a 4-week Strength Building Program for Pullups (and many other gymnastics movements).
The clinic will focus on the following concepts
- Properly warm-up for gymnastics movements
- Create the bodily shapes/awareness needed to perform the Kipping Pullup
- Create tension throughout your whole body to develop power and explosiveness
- Become more proficient at the Kipping Pullup
- Build a solid base of strength needed to perform the Kipping Pullup (and all pulling gymnastics movements)
This clinic is perfect for anybody looking to
- Get there first kipping pull up
- Become stronger and more proficient in the movement
- Looking for a refresher on basics of bodily awareness/shapes and how they relate to other gymnastics and weightlifting movements.
You can signup for the clinic here.
When: April 19th, 12pm
COST – FREE FOR MEMBERS
**Limit 30 people**
100 Toes to Bar
Every minute (starting with 0:00), you must first complete 20 DU
Time Cap: 12 min
Fx: Hanging Leg Raise, 30 Singles
P/O: as written
8 Y, T, I w/ change plates (each style)
Coach Tips: Consistency is the key with part one. Don’t push too hard trying to string too many toes-to-bar together.
The Turkish get up is an amazing movement that stresses so many aspects of fitness. You want to be slow and controlled, feeling each position as you move through the exercise.